New adult author Rebecca Yarros shares the time when she wrote her debut novel, Full Measures, and other random facts today!
1. I wrote my debut novel, Full Measures, while my husband was in Afghanistan on his fourth deployment.
2. I lived in Germany both as a child and an adult and still consider it a second home.
3. My husband and I are foster parents currently raising the most adorable little girl!
4. A spider will turn me into a screaming toddler in two seconds.
5. I'll eat almost anything if it's smothered in alfredo sauce.
6. My schedule revolves around my 4 boys' hockey schedule.
7. I have three tattoos!
8. I write best at a coffee shop so I can't be distracted by the eight loads of laundry that always need to be folded.
9. I'm a total romantic at heart, probably because I met my husband at nineteen, and I'm still head over heels for him.
10. Writing books has always been my dream job.
11. I went to college on a vocal scholarship.
12. I have a serious caffeine addiction which I fuel with coffee (see number 8).
13. Our house is over 120 years old and has a bomb shelter from the Cuban Missile Crisis.
14. I totally put ketchup on my tacos. I know... but I can't stop.
About the Author
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and lover of all things chocolate, coffee, and Paleo. In addition to being a mom, military wife, and blogger, she can never choose between Young Adult and New Adult fiction, so she writes both. She’s a graduate of Troy University, where she studied European history and English, but still holds out hope for an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Her blog, The Only Girl Among Boys, has been voted the Top Military Mom Blog the last two years, and celebrates the complex issues surrounding the military life she adores.
When she’s not writing, she’s tying on hockey skates for her kids, or sneaking in some guitar time. She is madly in love with her army-aviator husband of eleven years, and they’re currently stationed in Upstate NY with their gaggle of rambunctious kiddos and snoring English Bulldog, but she would always rather be home in Colorado.
Check out Rebecca's debut novel!
by Rebecca Yarros
Published February 10th 2014 by Entangled: Embrace
A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...
Three knocks can change everything…
"She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead."
Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumbling family when her mom falls apart.
Then Josh Walker enters her life. Hockey star, her new next-door neighbor, and not to mention the most delicious hands that insist on saving her over and over again. He has a way of erasing the pain with a single look, a single touch. As much as she wants to turn off her feelings and endure the heartache on her own, she can’t deny their intense attraction.
Until Josh’s secret shatters their world. And Ember must decide if he’s worth the risk that comes with loving a man who could strip her bare.
Yesterday: Jaye Robin Brown, author of No Place To Fall. On Friday: Amy Finnegan, author of Not in the Script. Check out the schedule here.
- $5 Amazon gift card
- open internationally
- contest ends January 8th
- each entry will be checked. Daily entries requires different info/links every day. This will be checked as well so be honest!
- winner must respond on email notification within 48 hours or else we will pick another winner