Green Skittles, show hangover, favorite holiday, and other facts about Rites of Passage author, Joy N. Hensley!
Joy N. Hensley
1. I usually write with one of my two dogs or one of my two children on my lap, despite my pleas for solitude.
2. Christmas is my favorite holiday and my husband's least favorite holiday--I once left a Christmas tree up from Thanksgiving until the 4th of July!
3. My hubby is Australian and wears a kilt sometimes.
4. Rites of Passage is my 4th book, but the first that got published. I wrote it in 6 weeks--all previous books took a year or more to complete.
5. I once hiked 600 miles of the Appalachian Trail in two months--I met my kilt-wearing Aussie husband on this hike and we decided to get married after knowing each other for just two months.
6. Green Skittles--the new flavor, not the old one--is my favorite flavor of anything ever.
7. I drink Jell-o water when I'm sick (a packet of Jell-O and twice the amount of water--heat it up and sip.Mmmmm!)
8. The first year I taught 6th grade, my kids thought I'd been in jail because I had a tattoo. I did not tell them they were wrong.
9. I once lived with a male body builder (not romantically-ew!) who left whole chicken carcasses in the sink in our apartment.
10. I'm passive aggressive enough about household responsibilities that I let one of those chicken carcasses sit in our sink for four days until I finally snapped and threw it at him.
11. I'm currently suffering a show hangover for Sons of Anarchy.
12. Right now I have seven fingernails painted--it's been this way for a few days. There are two different colors going on...and I don't remember painting them.
13. Sometimes I don't schedule book events because that means I'd have to get dressed in real people clothes.
14. Sometimes I force myself to schedule book events because staying home alone every day in my pajamas can get kind of old sometimes.
About the Author
Joy N. Hensley is a former middle school teacher. She used to spend her twenty-minute lunch breaks hosting author Skype chats for her students. Once upon a time she went to a military school on a dare. She lives in Virginia with her husband and two children, finding as many ways as she can to never do another push-up again.
Check out Joy's debut novel!
by Joy N. Hensley
Published September 9th 2014 by Harper Teen
Blurb (Goodreads):Sam McKenna’s never turned down a dare. And she's not going to start with the last one her brother gave her before he died.
So Sam joins the first-ever class of girls at the prestigious Denmark Military Academy. She’s expecting push-ups and long runs, rope climbing and mud-crawling. As a military brat, she can handle an obstacle course just as well as the boys. She's even expecting the hostility she gets from some of the cadets who don’t think girls belong there. What she’s not expecting is her fiery attraction to her drill sergeant. But dating is strictly forbidden and Sam won't risk her future, or the dare, on something so petty...no matter how much she wants him.
As Sam struggles to prove herself, she discovers that some of the boys don’t just want her gone—they will stop at nothing to drive her out. When their petty threats turn to brutal hazing, bleeding into every corner of her life, she realizes they are not acting alone. A decades-old secret society is alive and active… and determined to force her out.
At any cost.
Now time's running short. Sam must decide who she can trust...and choosing the wrong person could have deadly consequences.
Yesterday: Amy Finnegan, author of Not in the Script. Tomorrow: Lex Martin, author of Dearest Clementine. Check out the schedule here.
- swag (see photo)
- contest ends January 12th
- each entry will be checked. Daily entries requires different info/links every day. This will be checked as well so be honest!
- winner must respond on email notification within 48 hours or else we will pick another winner
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway