• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
* Can I break one rule here? I'd like to make a teaser from the book I just finished reading. I loved it and I wanted to share it to you all. I gave it 5 stars in Goodreads and will post my review of it here and in my other sites in Thursday.
This is the book I just finished. What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor. (I got a copy from Netgalley.)
I didn't care that most everyone in my school was seeing me like this. Most of them didn't matter, and I didn't care what they thought about me.
But I didn't want Samantha Shay seeing me like this.
Something started beeping on the monitor attached to my IV tower and a nurse suddenly pushed her way to the crowd.
"Your pulse is getting a bit higher than we'd like it," she said as she checked the machine, pressing her fingers to my wrist. That was just making things all the more humiliating.
- pages 27-28
Now, the book I'm currently reading:
I patted the camel on the head and he blinked at me, his eyes dark and gleaming and intelligent.
"Thanks," I told him again.
I wasn't used to getting around on the backs of animals, and it seemed improper not to let him know I appreciated his help.
"You don't have to haul around all that fake jewelry."
I scratched the side of his face.
"Find somebody who'll give you a bath this time, you understand?"
- pages 33-34/908 (epub format)
Happy Tuesday everyone!
See you tomorrow for WWW Wednesdays.