Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #1

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






My Teaser:


From the book Taste by Kate Evangelista. (I got a copy from Kate in exchange of a review. Check out my review for Taste soon!)


Gathering my courage, I looked up and said, "I'm tired. Can you take me back to my room now?"


Demitri's expression returned to the cold mask he usually wore. He nodded once and walked away. My heart broke.



- page 130, chapter 13












14 comments:

  1. Men who wear that "cold mask" are usually so much deeper than the one's who wear their heart on their sleeve.. nice teaser! Been wanting to read this one... *New Follower*

    Mine can be found @ Realms of an Open Mind

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! They're the mysterious ones; the one you want to know more even if it takes repeated heartbreaks.

      Thanks for following!

      Will check out your blog and post now..

      Delete
  2. Awww that's sad. :(
    Here's mine: http://perrytheplatypus1102-3daydreamer3.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays-july-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to teaser tuesdays! This book looks pretty good, as well.

    Here's my tease from The Weird Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. Looks very interesting.
    Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, that's a great teaser, I hope hearts aren't permanently broken-- thanks for sharing, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great teaser! I want to read the book now.

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang. They probably just had a moment too and then it was ruined :/ I've been meaning to read this one soon. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my TT :)
    -Nicole(BooksWorthCF)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I like the teaser, would like to know more about the 'cold mask.'

    My Teaser Tuesday!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adored this book! Great tease!

    My TT http://readingcave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your music playist! LOL. I have your blog open to listen to the music, and "stalk" your posts. Great teaser! I have to read this book soon!

    Check out my TT Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my playlist! :)
      You should definitely read it. ;)

      Delete

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!