Sunday, July 8, 2012

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver



Pandemonium
by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium #2
Genre: Dystopian, YA
Editions available: Hardback, paperback, Kindle, ebook,
international, audio CD, audiobook
Source: own
Rating:

Summary (Goodreads):

I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.


Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.



Photobucket


My Thoughts:

They say that Pandemonium is so much better than Delirium. I agree with them.

We met Lena on Delirium as the obedient, quiet girl. But as she fell in love, she learned how to do what is right and escape the world of lies. The first book's ending was unbelievable. Alex can't die!

But I knew he really didn't. Duh, he's Lena's love. The one who infected her. I just looked forward on how will I be meeting him on the second book. And that was another un-freaking-believable. But I'm not telling anything. Remember, no spoilers!

Now on Pandemonium, Lena has become more fearless and less innocent. I liked the way she grew to know how to fight and defend herself and the people she cares about. The story also has become more action-packed and heart-pounding, though there are still dull moments. It was told in alternate time: Then and Now. It came across to my mind that What if I read Thens first then Nows? I like to do it because I don't like hanging on the edge reading heart-stopping Now then will jump into reminiscing Then. But I didn't. Because I'm afraid I might miss on something. But if you're thinking the same thing, here's a tip: Go for it. You wouldn't miss anything at all. 

Overall, I liked it. But I missed Alex a lot. Can't WAIT for Requiem and see what happens next!

Btw, I'm team Alex. How about you?


Recommendations:

Fans of Delirium!


Book cover comment/s:

Even the cover has  improved! Don't get me wrong, Delirium's cover was pretty but Pandemonium's, as Lena became, has more edge on it--showing Lena's half jaw and fierce eyes. I also love the color.

Alternate cover/s:








Check out my review for Delirium.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool book. Thanks for sharing!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz!
      Again, thanks for following and dropping by!
      It's a beautiful book, but you have to read Delirium first. :)

      Michelle

      Delete
    2. I will def go and check out the first book! Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. It's a shame you don't have a donate button!

    I'd most certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i'll settle
    for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group.

    Chat soon!
    Look into my web page ... novoline

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!