Blackfin Sky author Kat Ellis shares 14 random facts about her!
1. When I was 15, I acted in a short film where I played a college student called Suzy who cheated on her boyfriend. Suzy got stabbed to death. And wore leopard print.
2. I can make a shamrock shape with my tongue.
3. My mother named me Katharine because she thought it would be an appropriate name if I ever married royalty. To be fair, she was right.
4. I have 5 piercings.
5. I quit playing the violin at age 10 because it was upsetting my cat.
6. My all-time favourite band is Finch. I love them a really unhealthy amount.
7. I failed my driving theory test twice, and lied to everyone except my mother about it.
8. I love onions. I could pretty much live on them. (I don't, as a courtesy to my husband and other people who may smell me.)
9. I’m terrified of swimming in saltwater after nearly drowning in Typhoon Lagoon's snorkelling pool and having to be dragged out by a lifeguard.
10. A goat once tried to eat my hair at the zoo. My dad took a photo.
11. I’m much more productive when I write with a loudly ticking clock next to me.
12. I didn't read a book for 2 years after graduating due to a severe case of book burnout. DANIEL DERONDA by George Eliot – at over 700 pages – was the last nail in the coffin.
13. When I went delivering flyers door-to-door, a dog bit my fingers through a letterbox.
14. I once threw a hammer at a car windshield and it bounced off.
About the Author
Kat Ellis is a young adult writer from North Wales. BLACKFIN SKY is her first novel, out now in the US and UK. You'll usually find Kat up to no good on Twitter, taking photographs in cemeteries, or watching scary films with her husband and feral cat.
Check out Kat's debut novel!
by Kat Ellis
Published September 2nd 2014 by Running Press Kids
YALSA 2015 Popular Paperbacks Nominee for Mysteries: Murder, Mayhem, and Other Adventures
Just like any other morning, Skylar Rousseau is late for school, but when she is greeted by a blanket of silent stares upon entering Blackfin High, she discovers that the whole town thought she fell from the pier and drowned on her sixteenth birthday three months earlier. However, Sky remembers the last three months living her life as normal, and since she is a full, living breathing human being, she has no idea whose body is buried underneath her tombstone. Everyone seems reluctant to help except her steadfast friend and crush, Sean . . . and a secretive man who draws her to a mysterious circus in the woods.
Sky must wade through impossibilities and lies to discover the truth about what happened to her, which proves to be a bit difficult when someone is following her every move with the intent to harm her. And Sky's only hope of finding the answers she seeks may have already been turned to ashes.
Yesterday: Amy Ewing, author of The Jewel. Tomorrow: Stephanie Diaz, author of Extraction. Check out the schedule here.
- signed copy of Blackfin Sky
- open internationally
- Kat and I are NOT responsible for any lost or damaged package
- each entry will be checked. Daily entries requires different info/links every day. This will be checked as well so be honest!
- contest ends December 27th
- winner must respond on email notification within 48 hours or else we will pick another winner