Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Celebrating Debutantes 2013: Mindy McGinnis (13 Random Facts)


Our next debut author to feature in Celebrating Debutantes 2013 freaks out..of glitters! Oh and she loves dessert pizza. Check out 13 random facts about the interesting author of Not A Drop to Drink, Mindy McGinnis!





Mindy McGinnis

13 Random Facts



1) I have really fat thumb pads. They make texting quite difficult at times.
2) I could (and have) eat an entire dessert pizza from Godfathers all by myself.
3) Glitter really freaks me out. What is it made of? I don't understand.

(Sidenote: But..why? The look gorgeous! Look...






4) I don't ever paint my fingernails because when I do I can feel them suffocating.

(Sidenote: Me too! O_O)

5) When people touch my feet it makes my tongue feel fuzzy.
6) I have a kitten that wraps himself in my hair before going to sleep at night. Then he chews on it.

(Sidenote: Um. ...)

7) I write in bed. I can't for the life of my write sitting up.
8) I try to grow most of my own food myself, but every now and then I need a dessert pizza.


(Sidenote: Looks yummy, indeed!)

9) On my first date with the boyfriend we went on a bike ride and I rode my bike straight into a tree.

(Sidenote: I could be as awkward as that. :3 Oh! That could be good scene in one of your books.. ;)

10) I love a good snowstorm as an excuse to stay inside and read for three days straight.

(Sidenote: But..they remind me of glitters! :D)

11) I'm really good at sleeping for very long periods of time.
12) I do most of my writing in my head, either while I'm driving or mowing my yard. 

(Sidenote: Like me. Unfortunately, my mind turns blank when I try to *finally* write them down. It's only working when I'm busy or without pen in my hands. XD)

13) I have a four acre yard, so this means I write fairly often.


***

More about Mindy!


I'm a YA librarian and author, represented by Adriann Ranta of Wolf Literary. My YA debut, NOT A DROP TO DRINK, is a survival tale set in a world with limited fresh water. It will be available from Katherine Tegen / Harper Collins, September 24, 2013.

I'm an avid blogger, posting six days a week to my personal blog, Writer, Writer Pants on Fire, which features interviews with agents, established authors, and debut authors. Learn how they landed their agents, what the submission process is really like, and how it feels when you see your cover for the first time. I also do query critiques every Saturday on the Saturday Slash for those who are brave enough to volunteer.


I also contribute to the group blogs From the Write Angle, Book Pregnant, Friday the Thirteeners, The Lucky 13s, The League of Extraordinary Writers and am a member of the Class of 2k13.





Check out Mindy's debut novel!



Not A Drop to Drink
by Mindy McGinnis

Published September 24th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

Blurb (Goodreads):
Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. 

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….


With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.








The Escapist



Go visit Oops! I Read A Book Again for Dianne's featured debut author, Natalie D. Richards!

Yesterday: Kara Taylor (Prep School Confidential) and Lydia Kang (Control)
Tomorrow: Kristen Kittscher (The Wig in the Window) and Alison Cherry (Red)


Calling YA/NA/MG debut authors of 2014! Want to join us on this fun event? Fill out this form! Don't forget to spread the word with your debuting friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!