Friday, November 15, 2013

Celebrating Debutantes 2013: Katie Cotugno (13 Random Facts)


Clumsy and shy, debut author Katie Cotugno's been on Hanson concert in like 27 times and gets to be a real author this year for the YA contemporary, How to Love!



Katie Cotugno

13 Random Facts

1.I'm really clumsy, but not in a charming Zooey Deschanel kind of way--in a really embarrassing, occasionally dangerous, I-just-fell-down-a-flight-of-subway-stairs, "Are you absolutely sure no one at home is mistreating you?" kind of way. 

2. I've seen Hanson in concert like 27 times.

(Sidenote: Really? I've never been in any!)

3. I cannot keep a plant alive, even a cactus. 

4. I like literally all foods except cilantro.

5. I have no first cousins.

6. The first story I ever wrote was about a group of girls sneaking into a haunted house when I was six. My dad still has a copy in the hopes that one day it will make him rich.

7. I'm 28 years old and have never had a driver's license.

8. My favorite movie is "You've Got Mail"--I can recite the entire thing start to finish, and occasionally do. 

9. I hate hate hate public speaking, and I'm naturally really shy, but I always wind up overcompensating like a maniac so people are constantly like "Man, this girl talks a lot."

(Sidenote: *bumps into own-self--I mean, you*)

10. I really, really want to be a foster parent one day.

11. I keep Chapstick in all my purses and in every room of my house in case of a dry-lips emergency.

(Sidenote: I always have dry-lips emergency. I just don't keep Chapstick like you. Or don't wear it often.)

12. The stupider and more infantile a joke is, the harder I am likely to laugh, full stop.

13. It took me like five whole days to come up with this list. 

(Sidenote: I hope we didn't put you in a hard job. :D)

***

More about Katie!

Katie Cotugno went to Catholic school for thirteen years which makes her, as an adult, both extremely superstitious and prone to crushes on boys wearing blazers. She routinely finds herself talking about the romantic endeavors of characters on TV shows as if they actually exist in the world.

Katie is a Pushcart Prize nominee whose work has appeared in The Broadkill Review, The Apalachee Review, and Argestes, as well as on Nerve.com. Her first novel, HOW TO LOVE, is due out from Balzer + Bray on October 1st, 2013.

The great loves of Katie's life include child's pose, her little sister, and mozzarella and honey sandwiches. She lives in Boston (and in sin) with her boyfriend, Tom.

Find her: Website * Twitter * Goodreads





Check out Katie's debut novel!

How to Love
by Katie Cotugno

Published October 1st 2013 by Balzer + Bray

Blurb (Goodreads):
Before: Reena Montero has loved Sawyer LeGrande for as long as she can remember: as natural as breathing, as endless as time. But he’s never seemed to notice that Reena even exists…until one day, impossibly, he does. Reena and Sawyer fall in messy, complicated love. But then Sawyer disappears from their humid Florida town without a word, leaving a devastated—and pregnant—Reena behind.

After: Almost three years have passed, and there’s a new love in Reena’s life: her daughter, Hannah. Reena’s gotten used to being without Sawyer, and she’s finally getting the hang of this strange, unexpected life. But just as swiftly and suddenly as he disappeared, Sawyer turns up again. Reena doesn’t want anything to do with him, though she’d be lying if she said Sawyer’s being back wasn’t stirring something in her. After everything that’s happened, can Reena really let herself love Sawyer LeGrande again?


In this breathtaking debut, Katie Cotugno weaves together the story of one couple falling in love—twice.









The Escapist

Check out Oops! I Read A Book Again's featured debut author Scott Blagden!

Yesterday: Kristen Kittscher (The Wig in the Window) and Alison Cherry (Red)
Tomorrow: Jennifer Anne Davis (The Voice) and Todd Hasak-Lowy (33 Minutes)


Calling YA/NA/MG debut authors of 2014! Want to join us on this fun event? Fill out this form! Don't forget to spread the word with your debuting friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!