Have you met someone who's got fear of heights but loves roller coaster? How about, someone who loves her turtle so much that she kept it in a box after it died? Whether she's a pricing manager or a YA author, she sure does have an interesting life. Learn more about her stories below--let's welcome on the blog today the author of Broken Forest!
13 Random Facts
1) If there's karoke, I'll sing, even though I'm tone deaf.
2) I worked part-time at Gamestop for the discount.
3) When the power goes out, the hubby and I play Magic: The Gathering with our really outdated decks.
4) I'm a pricing manger for an electrical distributor company...very different from writing YA!
5) When I was a kid one of my turtles died. I put it in a box, kept it in the shed and would look at it. A little weird, and smelly, but I really loved my turtle. Eventually, I threw it out.
6) I have a fear of heights but love roller coasters.
7) I've never met my biological father, but that's okay because God has always been the only father I needed.
(Sidenote: Can I say that I looove this particularly? :) - M)
8) Weight watchers' diet quiz said I'm an environmental eater--I'm still disputing the results.
9) I have DVD's of Jem, Rainbow Brite, The Gummi Bears and the original Care Bear movies all waiting for my daughter to get a few years older (she's one) and watch. While she's watching Ninja Turtles and Spiderman now with my son, I have high hopes she'll come around to the good stuff.
10) Not a fan of seafood.
11) Give me a fat, juicy porterhouse steak over chicken any day.
12) It takes a lot to make me cry, but when I do, it's the ugly kind.
13) Being able to dislocate my thumb is the only superpower I have.
More about Eliza!
Eliza graduated from Dowling College with a BS in Visual Communications. When she’s not arguing with excel at her day job, or playing Dragon Age 2, again, she’s writing. Her stories hold a bit of the fantastical and there’s always a romance. She resides on Long Island with her husband, two kids and one very snuggly pit bull.
Heard about her debut novel yet?
by Eliza Tilton
Published May 1st 2013 by Curiosity Quills Press
Hopeless he'll never be more than the boy who didn't save his brother, 17-year-old Avikar accepts his life as the family stable boy, trying to forget the past. But when his sister, Jeslyn, is kidnapped, the thought of losing another sibling catapults him on a desperate quest. With his best friend by his side, and using the tracking skills he learned from his father, he discovers Jeslyn has been taken, kidnapped by one Lucino, the young lord of Daath, a mystical place thought only to exist in fables.
And Lucino has plans for Jeslyn.
His shape-shifting brethren feed off the auras of humans, and Jeslyn's golden hue is exactly what Lucino needs to increase his power. The longer it takes Avikar to reach her, the more entranced she becomes with Lucino's world, and the harder it will be for Avikar to set her free.
He failed his family once. He won't fail again.
Tomorrow: Cheyanne Young (Motocross Me)
Yesterday: Amy Christine Parker (Gated)
Calling YA/NA/MG debut authors of 2014! Want to join us on this fun event? Fill out this form! Don't forget to spread the word with your debuting friends!
- ecopy of Broken Forest
- open internationally