Saturday, November 30, 2013

Celebrating Debutantes 2013: Jennifer Ann Mann (13 Random Facts)



Our featured MG debut author for today, Jennifer Ann Mann, and her husband once thought of naming their first child "Super" or "Aqua", considering their last name. Haha :)



Jennifer Ann Mann

13 Random Facts

1. I live communally. I didn’t set out to live this way, it just happened. It’s a great way to live—mostly because someone is always making chocolate chip cookies (even in the morning)!

2. I adore television. I will watch pretty much anything, even those ghost hunter shows where they never see or hear a ghost.

3. I was born with idiopathic structural scoliosis and went through two major surgeries so I could stand up straight and walk without a limp. Now I run almost every single day.

4. I love Starbucks coffee. I know this is a cliché, but it is also a random fact.

(Sidenote: Would it be weird if I say I don't drink coffee?)

5. I bite my fingernails. I’ve done it since I was a kid. First I chewed on my hair, but everyone was really grossed out by this. They seemed to mind the fingernail biting less.

7. My last name is Mann. When my husband and I were considering names for our first child, we thought it might be fun to name him “Super” or “Aqua.” In the end, we decided against this.

(Sidenote: OMG, hahaha! That sounds cool and awkward but I'm glad you didn't. XD)

8. I am the second of four sisters, and I grew up in a house with only one bathroom.

9. I like to read about gardening, but I do not like to garden.

10. When I was a freshman in high school, I ate a pound of peanut M&Ms every day for a month and ended up with a blood disorder.

11. I am horribly afraid of heights!

12. When I was eleven years-old, I was attacked by a German Shepard with three legs. I ended up with over fifty stiches down my two legs.

13. I fell in love with a boy on a train to Copenhagen. I’m still in love with that boy.

(Sidenote: Awww. <3 i="">

***

More about Jennifer!

Jennifer grew up in New Jersey, the second of four sisters. Her short stories have been published by Highlights for Children, where she won the 2007 Fiction Contest. She lives in Boston in a giant house filled with kids and cats. This coming fall, Bloomsbury USA Children’s Books will publish Jennifer’s debut novel, Sunny Sweet is So Not Sorry, the first book in the Sunny Sweet Series.

Find her: Website * Twitter



Check out Jennifer's MG debut novel!


Sunny Sweet Is So Not Sorry
(Sunny Sweet #1)
by Jennifer Ann Mann

Published October 1st 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Blurb (Goodreads):
We’ve all woken up on the wrong side of the bed. But have you ever woken up stuck to the bed? Masha Sweet has. And there’s only one possible reason: her little sister Sunny. Masha is used to Sunny’s evil genius ways, but the glue Sunny used to secure a bouquet of plastic daisies to Masha’s head is not coming out! The girls have to stay home from school and through a bizarre turn of events, they wind up at the hospital. It’s the perfect place to fix Masha’s head…but first they will (almost) contract a (not so) killer virus, steal a cast, and lead the nurses on a wild goose chase. When this is all over, Sunny Sweet is going to be so sorry!








The Escapist

Check out author Helen Douglas on Oops! I Read A Book Again now!

Yesterday: Leila Howland (Nantucket Blue) and Danielle DeVor (Tail of the Devil)
Tomorrow: Nancy J. Cavanaugh (This Journal Belongs to Ratchet) and Christian Schoon (Zenn Scarlett)

Calling YA/NA/MG debut authors of 2014! Want to join us on this fun event? Fill out this form! Don't forget to spread the word with your debuting friends!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!