Saturday, May 16, 2015

What's Cool? Books! (And more books)

Get the latest Cool news from The Escapist! 
There's nothing Cooler than getting books...and more books. Here's what I got from a few weeks back + blog news!


  • Printed galleys = FANTABULOUS
That's our mixed word for fantastic and fabulous. BECAUSE PRINTED BOOKS!!! THE SMELL TOO AHHH.


For review:
Lifespan of Starlight by Thalia Kalkipsakis
End of Days by Susan Ee (Penryn and the End of Days #3)
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (The Winner's Trilogy #2)
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
Dream A Little Dream by Kerstin Gier (Silber #1)
Model Misfit by Holly Smale (Geek Girl #2) - ARC
Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer - ARC
Sophomore Year is Greek To Me by Meredith Zeitlin - ARC (review)
Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (Thunder Road #1) - ARC

Borrowed:
Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (Not A Drop to Drink #1)

Thank you so much to Hardie Grant Egmont, Skyscape, Macmillan International, HarperCollins International, G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, and Harlequin/Mira UK!


  • eBook overhaul
I've never had too much eBook haul until now. I'm full-packed and it feels like it's heavier than the physical galleys. Good luck, eyes!



For review: 
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby - ARC (review) 
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre - ARC (review)
Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark (review) - ARC (review)
Captive by Brighton Walsh (Captive #1) - ARC
Spelled by Betsy Chow - ARC
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger (review)
Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs (The Hero Agenda #1) - ARC
Jesse's Girl by Miranda Keneally (Hundred Oaks #6) - ARC
The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski - ARC
World After by Susan Ee (Penryn and the End of Days #2)
The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak (The Heartbreaker Chronicle #1)
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson (Medieval Fairy Tale Romance #1) - ARC

Thank you so much HarperCollins, Macmillan, Henry Holt and Company, St. Martin's Press, Sourcebooks Fire, Hachette Children's Books, Skyscape, Thomas Nelson/BookLook Bloggers, Edelweiss, and Netgalley!


  • Unexpected gift
Well..not literally unexpected,--like it just appeared on our doorway without me knowing--because I know it was arriving. It was unexpected because one day I was exchanging brief tweets with one of the friendliest and sweetest author about how "I cannot but He can", and then she suddenly asked for my address saying God put something in her heart. So here comes the awesome gift I got from her, her ministry--and from Him!




I really loved everything! I truly appreciate it. Thank you so much Jessica L. Brooks! (She's the author of If I Speak True and Pity Isn't An Option.)



  • Book Reviews
In case you missed any of them, here are my March and April book reviews! (Click on the titles to redirect on the reviews.)

March
Frostfire by Amanda Hocking (Kanin Chronicles #1)
Vendetta by Catherine Doyle (Blood for Blood #1) 
Dreamfire by Kit Alloway
The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
Duplicity by N.K Traver
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab (A Darker Shade of Magic #1)
Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace (The Keeper's Chronicles #1)

April
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Keneally (Hundred Oaks #5)
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby
Sophomore Year is Greek To Me by Meredith Zeitlin



  • 3rd Year Blogoversary!

The Escapist

The Escapist will be turning 3 on the 27th of May! I can't believe it has been 1,095 days since I first created something like blog with books to feature. I'd never thought I would be called a blogger.

Right now I don't have any plans or ideas for the celebration yet. I'm too busy in the outside world (a.k.a reality). But if you or someone you know might be interested in sharing something for a giveaway, just let me know. ;)



***

Those are my Cool tales for now. Thank you for being awesome (you're reading this, right?).
Keep reading!







2 comments:

  1. This is soooo cool!!! Congratz on 3 years! :)♥

    - Jumana @ http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, so many books! Nowhere But Here is one that I've been hearing tons of great things about. The Heartbreakers sounds really good too.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!