Monday, February 10, 2014

Music Monday (23): Kilig

Music Monday is a weekly meme created by yours truly. Let's talk about music..on Mondays!
What's up, people! Are you feeling the love month buzz? Yes? No? Me: Yes and no. No because I don't have a special someone to date or cuddle or whatever couples do (LOL) but also yes because of Feb Feels!


Today's edition of Music Monday is in partnership with Feb Feels: 7 days of Valentines. A week-long celebrating of, well, Valentines. Check out the complete schedule here.

***

International readers, let me teach you a Filipino word that's appropriate for this event: Kilig. Here are some definition I found on the web:

According to UrbanDictionary.com, "kilig" is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs.

Source

Based from my experiences, I get "kilig" whenever my crush is around, acknowledged/talked to me (and realizing that he actually knows I exist), or even just seeing him in the distance.



I feel crazy things inside like flipping/butterflies in the stomach, melting heart, shiver down the spine, heart-pounding, and reflects outside by smiling uncontrollably, feeling dizzy, loss of ability to talk or think straight, and feeling like jumping, squee-ing, crazy-dancing, and other things that would make me look like not a normal person.


Source
Today experience kilig with different kinds of love stories from the songs I gathered for you!

  • Catch Me by Demi Lovato
Because no matter how we don't wanna fall, we fall. And when we don't wanna be caught, afraid we're going to break in the end, we still let ourselves to be caught. The lyrics of this song is perfect for today's kilig topic.




  • Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift
For crushes, oh our dear crushes. How I wish I could write songs for you too.



  • Superman by Joe Brooks
To be dedicated a song like this is so kilig-worthy, and with a guy feeling kilig and singing this song is just so cute!



  • Last Song by The Secret Handshake


  • Singing Me Home by Lady Antebellum
"My sweet love keep singing me home" Kilig.



  • A Little Bit by M.Y.M.P
This is an OPM (Original Pinoy Music) song but I'm sure you'll love it too.



  • If Eyes Could Talk by Devon Werkheiser
Like I mentioned above, when you feel kilig, you loss your ability to speak--especially when you're face to face to the person that makes you kilig. I can't believe it also happens to boys. :3

"If eyes could speak
I wouldn't have to talk"





  • Can't Smile Without You by Barry Manilow
Whenever you're kinikilig (present tense of kilig), you just can't help but smile, smile, smile. Until your cheeks hurt and you feel like your face is splitting in half.




  • Falling For You by Colbie Caillat
Songs with this title will never get old.



  • Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler
One of my favorite songs. This song has the ability to make me feel kilig. I just love the idea of growing old with your one true love. *sigh*



  • Mary's Song (Oh My My My) by Taylor Swift
A tale of first love, true love, and forever love.



  • When You Got A Good Thing by Lady Antebellum
This song is perfect for married couple, I suppose. But it never failed to make me fall in love. *swoon*



  • Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's





  • Enchanted by Taylor Swift
When you finally meet that someone, you'd be like this.






  • I Love You by Avril Lavigne





  • To Be With You by David Archuleta
Just imagine being serenade with this. *sigh*



  • Tupelo by Lauren Alaina




  • Proof by Paramore

I love this song.





So..wanna know my theme songs? I won't spell out the obvious--you can listen to them below. :3

  • My Kind of Perfect by David Archuleta


  • Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble


***

Are these songs kilig enough for you? Anything you wanna add?

Tell me you're human and you feel kilig! :D
Leave your thoughts (or stories) below!






1 comment:

  1. Love the platylist, Michelle! <3 Very Valentine's! <3

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!