Monday, January 6, 2014

Music Monday (20): Brand New Day

Music Monday is a weekly meme created by yours truly. Let's talk about music..on Mondays!

It's 2014! Do you have new year's resolution? Are you actually obeying it?

To be honest I, my dearest readers, don't have a new year's resolution. I don't believe in it since a lot of people keep on saying: I'd be good this year, I'll do this and that--they say that every year. Have they done it? Yes. Are they constantly doing it? No. It's the same mantra: promising to do something but will eventually forget it and then next year, they'll promise the same thing again. It's tiring. Yeah, I am the one who feels tired instead.

But I have a question for you: Do you have visions for yourself? You know, for your future? Do you see yourself as the No. 1 Best-selling author? A top-selling artist or song-writer? An owner of the biggest company in your country--or, in the world? A better person from who you are before?

You know, it's not about the new year. It's not about your zodiac sign or what animal the year represents. It's not about the people who wants to change you.

It's about you.

If you care about yourself, if you're tired of the same old routine of your boring and lazy life, if you're done polluting yourself, if you're tired of being compared to others, if you're done with being the small one that everyone's towering, if you're tired of being someone's shadow or hiding in the dark or of not speaking up, and you want to take a step--that one single step that would change your life--into the light so every one could see: You're different, yes. But you're wonderful. Talented. Creative. Intelligent. Caring. Kind. Beautiful. Extra-ordinary. It's because you've stood up and let yourself breathe and say, "This is me. I am not changing myself--I'm improving myself as the better me. And it's not for any one or any thing. It's for me. Finally."

So if you're ready to face your fears and start conquering the world, here are some songs that can help you put a positive vibe. Remember to not rely on these songs alone, it must come from within you. Let's just call this the soundtrack of your brand new day. ;)

  • Brand New Day by Demi Lovato (Camp Rock 2 OST)
The reason behind the title of today's edition of Music Monday and one of the inspiration of this post. :)



  • Change by Taylor Swift


You know, Taylor doesn't only write break-up songs. She's more than that. See this one (one of the many songs she wrote that's not about break-up), the lyrics said:
But there's something in your eyes says we can beat this. 'Cause these things will change, can you feel it now?
See, you can. ;)






  • Start of Something New by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens (High School Musical OST)

The person standing right next to you now might be the One. The start of something new could be about love, or it could also be about your life.



I never opened my heart to all the possibilitiesI know that something has changedNever felt this wayAnd right here tonightThis could be the start of something new







  • Marchin' On by One Republic

Because we have to.
We're marchin' on, marchin' on.




  • Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer
Always keep your head up.


This is just a journeyDrop your worriesYou are gonna turn out fine.





  • Brighter Than The Sun by Colbie Caillat
You find it and keep it
'Cause it ain't every day you get the chance to say
Oh, we could be the stars falling from the sky
Shining how we want, brighter than the sun


  • Our Time Is Here by Demi Lovato (Camp Rock OST)
Your time is here.


It's your time to move it's my time to moveCome on, come on, let goLeave it all behind, your past and mine
It's never the same tomorrow,And tomorrow is never clearSo come on, come on, you knowOur time, our time is here






  • Daylight by Maroon 5

Before it's too late, before you regret anything you will do on the next day, think. Talk. Do or say the things that you've been holding back. Because time is playful. Fast for someone holding on, slow for someone buried in regrets. Don't hold on to the dark forever.
We knew this day would comeWe knew it all along





  • Survivor by Destiny's Child

This should be your everyday mantra:
I'm a survivorI'm not gon give upI'm not gon stopI'm gon work harder I'm a survivor I'm gonna make it I will survive Keep on survivin' 






  • Try by Pink
We just humans--imperfect. We fail, we burn. But it's not the end of the world.
Someone's bound to get burnedBut just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna dieYou've gotta get up and try. Try. Try.



  • Stand by Rascal Flatts

You might want to listen to every word of this song too. ;)

You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand

  • The Climb by Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana: the Movie OST)
"Life's a climb, but the view is great."
But I gotta be strong
Just keep pushing on


  • Living in the Moment by Jason Mraz
Living my life
Easy and breezy
With peace in my mind
With peace in my heart
With peace in my soul
Wherever I'm going,
I'm already home
Living in the moment


  • Complain by David Archuleta
Appreciate all things that you have and all the people around you. Try living without a complain. Just thank someone. Thank Him.
Any time, any minute now
We could fall, it could all crash down
But I'm not gonna ever live that way, no way



  • Things Are Gonna Get Better by David Archuleta
'Cause I know it's hard to have the strength and
Sometimes, all you feel is pain but
Things keep floating by on that river in the night
But I know things are gonna get better
And I know things are gonna be fine


  • Live Like We're Dying by Kris Allen
So if your life flashed before you, what would you wish you would've done?


  • Determinate by Lemonade Mouth (Lemonade Mouth OST)
One of my fave songs from a movie.
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, determinate


  • My Wish by Rascal Flatts
And this is my wish for you..



***

Any songs that you could add up this list?

Enjoy 2014 and make sure to make it your best and successful ever!
Let's do it all together. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!