Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Celebrating Debutantes 2013: Aubrey Rose (13 Random Facts)









Let's celebrate the new year with debut author Aubrey Rose!

Aubrey Rose

13 Random Facts

1. Licorice jelly beans are my favorite.

2. The main character in Me, Cinderella? is a math major; so was I!

3. All of the inspiration for my romantic heroes comes from my boyfriend, who is a tall, sexy, well-endowed rock star werewolf (okay, maybe he's not a werewolf).

4. As a child, I once lived in the Pacific on an island with no electricity or running water. I had to take a boat to school every day!

5. The first thing I remember writing was in second grade: a poem about the ocean. It starts out: The ocean is blue, the ocean is green. The ocean is the prettiest thing I have ever seen. I've only gotten better at writing since then!

6. My favorite number is six, because it is a perfect number. "Perfect numbers, like perfect men, are very rare." - Descartes

7. When I visit a bookstore, I have to leave my wallet in the car and only bring cash, or I would bankrupt myself buying books.

8. Authors I most admire: David Foster Wallace, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Italo Calvino. Invisible Cities is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

9. My late grandmother gave me her first edition copy of Gone With The Wind when I was twelve years old, and I've read it at least ten times since then. 

10. I cry every single time I read The Little Prince. Or The Time Traveller's Wife. Or Where the Red Fern Grows. I didn't cry when I read The Notebook.

11. Although I play the piano, I've never been able to finish learning the Satie piece referred to in Me, Cinderella?

12. I drive stick shift...very well (*winks into the camera*)

13. My personal motto is this: if you don't drop at least one book out of the stack you're carrying out of the library, you didn't get enough books!

***

More about Aubrey!

Aubrey Rose lives in sunny San Diego, where she likes to lay around in a hammock reading her favorite romances. When she’s not writing steamy stories, she can be found dancing naked in front of the mirror to Abba while her cat watches disdainfully.

Find her: Blog * Facebook * Twitter * Goodreads



Check out Aubrey's debut YA!

Me, Cinderella?
by Aubrey Rose

Published June 24th 2013 by CreateSpace

Blurb (Goodreads):
One kind deed can change your life forever...

Brynn Tomlin could never afford to follow her heart. But when she sees a stranger shivering in the snow outside of the college library, an inexplicable urge leads her to buy him a hot cup of coffee. It's just a small act of kindness, a few words of conversation. Brynn should be focusing on her finals, after all, not on the man who looked up at her gratefully with piercing blue eyes. 

He could have been anyone - a janitor on break, a graduate student, a bum. But the man standing outside in the cold turns out to be Dr. Eliot Herceg, one of the most brilliant minds in mathematics and heir to a fortune. After years of reclusive isolation, he now finds his heart awakening to the kind girl whose name he does not know. 


Brynn has spent her life trying to forget her desires, and Eliot's deep wounds have taken nearly a decade to heal. After so much hurt, will either of them be able to open their hearts again?





The Escapist

Check out debut author Anne Plaza on Oops! I Read A Book Again!

Yesterday: Jacqueline Green (Truth or Dare) and Robin Constantine (The Promise of Amazing)
Tomorrow: Venise Webb (Redemption) and Kieran Larwood (Freaks)


Calling YA/NA/MG debut authors of 2014! Want to join us on this fun event? Fill out this form! Don't forget to spread the word with your debuting friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!