Today I'm featuring the second debut author to say she loves Halloween! Find out more random facts about the author of The Watcher, Lisa Voisin!
13 Random Facts
1. I’m six feet tall. When you meet me in person, it’s likely the first thing you’d notice. But online, itdoesn’t matter as much.
2. Halloween rocks. It's the costumes, the kitschy decorations. But I'm more a fan of spooky than blood and gore.
3. I've been studying mediation, metaphysics, and energy work for a long time. I now teach it.
4. I'm a new Whovian, just having discovered the 10th doctor. My favorite Dr. Who episode is called Blink, because it’s got really creepy angels in it.
5. I love movies as much as books.
6. Hats. All kinds of them. They're awesome.
7. My last name is French because my father’s from Belgium. I have yet to visit there. (But I plan to one day!)
8. I have a collection of clothes and jewelry with wings on them. I even have a pair of boots with wings.
9. I studied sword fighting last winter. I know how to handle a rapier and a long sword.
10. I re-watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy about once a year. (It’s almost that time again).
11. My favorite author is Neil Gaiman. I’ve seen him speak three times.
12. I’m a night owl. Some of my best writing sprees have been late at night.
13. In the summer, I prefer being in the woods over going to the beach. I love the stream of sunlight through a canopy of leaves.
More about Lisa!
After studying English literature at the University of Toronto and creative writing at Simon Fraser University, Lisa Voisin had the great fortune of being mentored by Nancy Richler and A.M. Dellamonica through Betsy Warland's Vancouver Manuscript Intensive solo program. She is also a teacher of meditation with the Training in Power Academy
A member of the SCBWI (Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), she can usually be found writing at a local cafe in her home town of Vancouver, B.C.
A self-proclaimed coffee lover, when Lisa's not writing, you'll find her meditating in the mountains to counteract the side effects of drinking too much caffeine!
Check out Lisa's debut novel!
by Lisa Voisin
Published March 4th 2013 by InkSpell Publishing
Millennia ago, he fell from heaven for her.
Can he face her without falling again?
Fascinated with ancient civilizations, seventeen-year-old Mia Crawford dreams of becoming an archaeologist. She also dreams of wings—soft and silent like snow—and somebody trying to steal them.
When a horrible creature appears out of thin air and attacks her, she knows Michael Fontaine is involved, though he claims to know nothing about it. Secretive and aloof, Michael evokes feelings in Mia that she doesn’t understand. Images of another time and place haunt her. She recognizes them—but not from any textbook.
In search of the truth, Mia discovers a past life of forbidden love, jealousy and revenge that tore an angel from Heaven and sent her to an early grave. Now that her soul has returned, does she have a chance at loving that angel again? Or will an age-old nemesis destroy them both?
Ancient history is only the beginning.
Head over to Oops! I Read A Book Again now for debut author Liesl Shurtliff!