Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book Review: Blindsided by Natalie Whipple


Blindsided
by Natalie Whipple

Series: Transparent #2
Genre: YA, paranormal
Published January 2nd 2014 by Hot Key Books
Source: Publisher
Local purchase: National Bookstore

Blurb (Goodreads):
Three months after Fiona escapes from her father's syndicate, all seems well in her tiny town of Madison, Arizona. She and Seth are happy together - apart from the teensy fact of Fiona being jealous that Seth can see through her invisibility - and her family and friends are safe. But when the local syndicate and even the Army show up, it's clear there's more going on in town than she could ever imagine. It seems like these huge powers are interested in the old Radiasure factory - could they be reproducing the infamous drug that caused mutations? - and everyone suspects Fiona of knowing more than she should. As Fiona and her friends try to cover their tracks, they discover that they do have some dangerous knowledge. Though at first determined to stop anyone from remaking Radiasure, Fiona learns a secret that could change everything, including her invisibility. Torn between her own desires and the greater good, Fiona might be too blindsided to see the real villain coming.





My Thoughts:

It was a year ago when I read Transparent by Natalie Whipple. I admit that I have a poor memory but I can still remember how laid back yet interesting Transparent is and how I looked forward in reading the sequel. If I liked Transparent, Blindsided wow-ed me and I  really, really liked it.

The last two books I've finished (or not), I've dragged myself to read. Literally. So I tell myself that the next book I'm reading should outwit them. I'm glad it did. Blindsided, like Transparent,  is an easy, fun, and feel good read despite the major topics such as syndicates, crime, superpowers, etc. Like the colorful and lively covers radiated on the book itself. The hardest thing to do with this book is to put it down. I was still reading past 12 midnight and when my eyes started to hurt that's when I decided to finally sleep.

So what did Blindsided have that pulled me like a magnet to read? I guess it's the mystery, action, romance, and superpowers, with Fiona and her friends (The Pack) rolled into one. Everything about this book is refreshing for me. There was no boring moment; it was full of unending twists. I would give this book a 5-star rating if only the ending left me satisfied. It was a nice ending but I was hoping for more.

Exciting, heart-pounding, interesting, yet light and funny read. This book has left me blindsided. I never expected to like this more than I thought I would. I'd recommend this book to readers who wants a fresh and no-dull-moments read. Read Transparent (my review) first to be able to relate on this book.


*Thanks Olivia and Hot Key Books for the review copy in exchange of an honest review!

Rating:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!