Friday, November 9, 2012

Feature & Follow #12



Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?

A: Yes. A big YES.

I don't like the idea of reading a book with the SAME concept, backgrounds, stories, etc. again and again.

Originality is one major factor a reader seeks in a book. We want new, we want fresh. Nobody wants to read a book, watch a movie or listen to a song with the same concept on the previous book he/she read, watched and/or listened. That would be pretty annoying, let alone, boring.

An author makes lots of readers and fans if he/she had an original work. And an author who copies is trying not to make one. Plus, originality of work shows the author's talent.

I don't mind fairytale re-tellings that much, though. EXCEPT when the 're-telling' looked like nothing changed at all.


***

Blog announcement!

I will be having my first blog event next week! Originally, I planned it to air by December but since there's a lot of awesome people (I would let you meet them next week), I'm debuting it this November!

On Monday, the 12th, expect for an intro post about the event. It is where it will be named, and I'll be giving details.

But for now, a little spoiler..
Lots of giveaways!


Are you ready?

Be here by Monday, or subscribe by email now to have my posts right in your inbox!


Back to the topic: Tell me how you follow, link me to your FF post/blog and I'll follow back!
Thank you so much. Happy Friday! X








No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!