Monday, March 24, 2014

Music Monday (27): Divergent movie OST

Music Monday is a weekly meme created by yours truly. Let's talk about music..on Mondays!
Divergent, a dystopian sci-fi novel from the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth is also now a movie! Divergent is the first action-packed dystopian I've ever read. This book introduced me to the said genre which became one of my favorites. The movie adaptation starring Shailene Woodley (as Tris) and Theo James (as Four/Tobias) was released on March 21, 2014.

Album art. (Source)

I was supposedly going to watch it last Saturday, but due to my tight schedule and my movie buddies asked to, we decided to watch it this weekend or after our qualifying exams. For now, let's enjoy some of the songs off the soundtrack!



  • Find You by Zedd


  • Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding


  • I Won't Let You Go by Snow Patrol


  • Dead in the Water by Ellie Goulding


  • Run Boy Run by Woodkid


  • Fight For You by Pia Mia ft. Chance The Rapper


  • I Need You by M83


Soundtrack also includes Hanging On" (I See MONSTAS remix) by Ellie Goulding, Backwards by Tame Impala featuring Kendrick LamarIn Distress by A$AP Rocky featuring GesaffelsteinLost and Found (ODESZA remix) by Pretty LightsStranger by Skrillex and KillaGraham featuring Sam Dew, and Dream Machines by Big Deal.



But wait! There's more.

According to Wikipedia, Junkie XL composed the score for Divergent and Hans Zimmer (who executive produced the album). The both previously collaborated on number of films. Ellie Goulding is featured as a vocalist on the score. The album will be released in both physical and digital formats internationally on March 31, 2014.


***

I hope I could squeeze re-reading Divergent in my time (I read it two years ago) so I could point out the lacking/changed scenes LOL.


So! Having Divergent feels these past few weeks? I feel you!
Let me know your favorite scene from the book/movie and/or your favorite song/s from the soundtrack!
Happy new week!



Check out my book reviews for Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant! (Click on the titles.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!