Last week of freedom. Meaning: classes starts next week. Here comes stress and toxicness of my last year in nursing. *sigh* But for now, lemme answer this week's question. I kind of like it. :]
Q: Have you broken up with a series?
If so which one and why?
A: Yes, I have--several actually. The first books didn't worked out for me and I don't want to continue the rest of the series ever.
The Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles). A blogger friend recommended this book to me when I was picking a book on our Christmas party. I also want to try it so I picked it. But..it's DNF for me. I can't continue reading the book anymore. It's unnecessarily long and it pisses me off. It's like we're going on circles. I would never read the rest of the series (or this book), which I bet are unnecessarily long as well.
Rapture (Fallen). I loved the first two books (Fallen and Torment) but the third book (Passion) didn't turn out to be as I expected. And this book was a DNF for me. I don't know why suddenly I became annoyed with what they're doing and saying. It's not working out so bye.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I was so disappointed in this book that I didn't want to continue the next book. Here's my review.
The Vincent Boys. The most recent one. I finished this book but I did not liked it. I was so disappointed and annoyed. And no, I'm not thinking of trying to read the next book. This is my first two-star review. Review will be posted shortly after this.
Which series did you broke up with? Do you agree in some of mine? Do you not? Share your thoughts below! I'd appreciate if you follow me via Bloglovin and/or Networked Blogs. I'll return the favor, of course! :)
* * *
- 2 winners of book of choice. Ends June 18th. Open INT.
- 2 winners of HarperCollins YA title. Ends June 20th. Open INT.
- 3 winners of Lunar Chronicles-inspired swag pack. Ends June 21st. Open INT.
- 5 winners of Simon Pulse title. Ends June 22nd. Open to US only.
- 3 winners: A character is named after you in the sequel, $25 Amazon gift card, and one signed copy of Aberrant. Ends July 7th. US only.
- $25 Amazon GC (INT), Spellbound journal (INT), Paris vintage labels notebook (US), Love Who You Are dream luggage tag (US), Barcelona, Paris & I Love Magic postcards (US)
On The Blog
F: Feature and Follow #22 * Book Review: The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
Sat: Book Review: Towering by Alex Flinn