Monday, April 8, 2013

Book Review: Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett




Rapunzel Untangled
by Cindy C. Bennett

Genre: YA, fairytale re-telling
Editions available: Hardcover, Kindle
Published February 12th 2013 by Cedar Fort, Inc.
Source: ebook from the publisher

Blurb (Goodreads):
Rapunzel is not your average teenager. 

For one thing, she has a serious illness that keeps her inside the mysterious Gothel Mansion. And for another, her hair is 15 feet long. Not to mention that she’s also the key to ultimately saving the world from certain destruction. But then she meets a boy named Fane, who changes all she has ever known, and she decides to risk everything familiar to find out who she really is. 

Filled with romance, adventure, and mystery, Rapunzel Untangled is one story you won’t want to put down. Discover the true meaning of love and friendship in this modern twist to the classic fairytale.
Photobucket

My Thoughts:

Rapunzel Untangled is a modern retelling of the fairytale Rapunzel. In this book, author Cindy C. Bennett shared her story of Rapunzel, the very beautiful girl with an abnormal hair-length who's living on a tower. Since this is a re-telling, I was expecting some breath-taking twists and add-ons, but I was quite disappointed.

The plot went nice and kept my interest to finish it. Although there's this huge part of me that I wish I've seen more. I wish the author put more to make it an amazing re-telling, and to make a name out of it.

What I loved in this book was Rapunzel's and Fane's chemistry. They are so cute and fun to read especially when they were chatting in Facebook (they met there. I didn't liked the way they met, though. It makes it unrealistic to meet on Facebook and trust each other instantly). They are so funny (especially Rapunzel, given that she's quite naive), and it kept me on finding out what will happen to them, although I already have a theory from the original fairytale. I simply love them together. It makes me forget the parts wherein it almost sounds unrealistic.

I didn't enjoyed the ending that much because I feel like it was kind of lacking. I felt like it was hurried and I also didn't know who to hate and who is real bad guy, the crazy Gothel or the selfish Vedmak. The best parts, for me, was when Rapunzel and Fane are together. How they became friends and learn to know each other by spending time together. The almost-like-a-insta-love thing vanished when they do it.

I wouldn't say that this is a bad or amazing book, but I enjoyed reading it. It is easy and fun to read and any person who loves watching chick-flick movies would enjoy this too. 



* Thanks to Cedar Fort books for providing an ecopy of this book in exchange of honest review.

Rating:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!