Sunday, March 3, 2013

What's Cool? Tahereh + Surprises!



What's Cool? is an anytime meme created by yours truly wherein I share all the Cool things that happened/I got!

The past two weeks were a different kind of Coolness, for me. Want to find out why? Read more!






  • Surprises!
I'm so excited to share to you all my haul!



I'm really surprised to receive Pivot Point and The Madman's Daughter. I never got a reply from my contact, but one day, a box of HarperCollins arrived on our doorstep! Eeep! I'm also super excited to have Stormdancer and most especially, Scarlet. Thank God Scarlet didn't lost in the mail! I don't what I'll do if it did. O_O

Bought:
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff (The Lotus War #1)

Won:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #2)

For review:
Pivot Point by Kasie West (Pivot Point #1)
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (The Madman's Daughter #1)

Borrowed:
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons (Article 5 #1) ARC
Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt

All thanks and hugs to Christine of HarperCollins International, Lizzy @ Cornucopia of Reviews, and Precious @ Fragments of Life!


  • Tahereh Mafi in Manila
Last Saturday, March 2nd, National Bookstore held a book signing event featuring Tahereh Mafi on Glorietta 1! The Cool thing? I got the chance to meet her--and get my book signed!

During the Q&A

The Q&A was so fun. Tahereh's so hilarious, and so are the fans. There was a time when she was asked about Warner and she's like, "The reaction about Warner was like the reaction to Justin Bieber. You'd scream like that if Beiber's here, right?". When asked about the title of the last book, she said it doesn't have yet. Then a fan called out: "Release Me!" And everyone laughed. Tahereh said she'll call it Untitle Me. XD

She was also asked whether there'll be a next e-novella, she asked the crowd who character they want to have an e-novella, lots of people voted for Adam and Kenji. But of course, there are still lots who wants more of Warner! ;) She said yes, there'll be a short story about one character that takes place in the second and third book...but she hadn't written it yet. XD So for now, keep calm, and wait for the announcements. Let's just hope there'll be! :D


Picture taking with a representative from NBS and..Ransom Riggs!
Yep, he was also there on the event, and NBS let the fans' copies of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children signed, too!

I was thinking of buying a copy of his book but my wallet is crying out loud. XD Plus, the books are pretty sold out. Congratulations, guys!

The crowd

Me with Tahereh..and Ransom. :D
Excuse my face. I know I looked haggard. I'm number 194 and I waited for hours! XD

These photos are taken at the event. There's a Q&A earlier wherein Filipino book bloggers get a chance to ask her their questions! What's not Cool is that I didn't make it because I have classes. (Their [bloggers] books are personalized! So jelly!) But I'm so glad to have these(!):

My copies of Shatter Me and ARC of Unravel Me are now signed! :D


* * * * *

Don't hold back! Leave a comment below telling me about the Cool things that happened to you lately or share your link to your Stacking The Shelves/In My Mailbox or share your thoughts about this week's edition of What's Cool! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!