Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Teaser Tuesdays #6: Paranormalcy and Speechless
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today, I've got two books for you!
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Lend-as-me looked over and raised one eyebrow quizzically.
"Hey, no fair!" I whispered. I'd never been able to raise just one eyebrow at a time. And not for lack of trying, either. He looked confused, so I gestured to my own eyebrows and shook my head. He grinned in response and I melted away, replaced by the dark-eyed hottie.
- book borrowed from a non-blogger friend. Of course, there will be upcoming review. I'm near the end and I gotta say, I loved it!
Speechless by Hannah Harrington
"You guys." I push myself off the wall. "You guys, seriously. Don't. Just leave it, okay? Okay?"
"Don't worry," says Warren, "all we're gonna do is teach them a little lesson." But his smile is all wrong, twisted, and there's something else in his voice, too, warning me not to push it.
And so I don't. Because it's easier. It's easier to let them go.
- page 28 of 282, e-ARC from Netgalley.
Happy Tuesday and enjoy reading!
P.S This is the FINAL week for Battle of Book Review Blog and I need YOUR help! I'm behind the voting so, please, please, please. Click HERE and vote for MICHELLE SHOUTS RANDOM. Thank you!!!!