Friday, August 24, 2012

Feature and Follow #5


Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?

A: I realized that I haven't read a book with a VERY bad cover, or worst, as the question put it. They're always either gorgeous or do-not-reflects-the-story-or-character/s. So now, I'm going to show you some books I read (and loved) with covers who I didn't much understood, liked or do-not-reflect-the-character/s.


Perfect Chemistry.
Sorry if you don't agree with me, but I just couldn't find Alex 'hot' and Brittany 'perfect' in this cover. 

I saw the video trailer (of Rules of Attraction and Chain Reaction) though, and find Alex otherwise.

I liked the cover of the next two books, however. Especially Rules of Attraction. It makes me sigh.













My Fair Godmother.
I like the color, design and the idea. I just don't get why the fairy--Chrysanthemum Everstar, who have a fab name--looked act like her. The girl on this cover's like, raise the wand like this and freeze for a sec and then we're done. And I'm like, lemme do that instead and I'll smile. It's fun to be a fairy, afterall!

What I meant is, there's no emotion. But then again, Chrissy appeared to be always bored whenever she talks to her 'boss' to grant their wishes.

Check out My Unfair Godmother, the companion book cover.
Same. No emotion.


Thoughtless.
I must say that this one's poorly done. The book has so MUCH to say than to have a couple in the cover, holding hands, with a purple background.

(Click here for my review.)


















24 comments:

  1. There's a video for Perfect Chemistry?! What? I didn't know about that!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ~Ariella

    P. S. Following

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I forgot to include: from RoA and CR video. Thanks for..reminding? LOL
      I just edit it. :)

      Delete
  2. You don't think he's hot? Oh my goodness, just looking at him makes me melt! ;)
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Old follower here, yay!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just on the cover. But I totally loved him in the book. :)

      Delete
  3. The first one has potential to be good I think, but yeah, something is just a little offsetting about it.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I'm now following your blog. Here's my link:

    Grant Morris on Writing, etc.

    Have a wonderful Friday :)

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the fairy-covers either, the model just looks bland and bored! I'd be ecstatic! Thanks for sharing, I'm a new follower!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked The Perfect Chemistry cover but I agree about the other books. New follower!
    My FF: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. I know what you mean. I've hidden The Perfect Chemistry in the back of my bookshelves. Like the book though.
    New follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like this article :) u r def rt, but again ur feature jus recreated the saying dun judge the book by its cover literally :P nic job and do stop by my blog, followg u :)

    http://dreamaholicdiaries.blogspot.in/

    https://twitter.com/bonita018

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see your point there, and I agree. x) I haven't read any of these books yet, but without seeing the summary, however, I don't think I'll buy them. :P

    Thanks for stopping by our blog! :D

    -Alyana @ Read, Breathe, Read
    (http://readbreatheread.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my #FF! I'm following you now too. I loved Perfect Chemistry, the cover doesn't bother me but I agree it could be better and I LOVE the cover for Rules of Attraction! I haven't read My Fair Godmother or Thoughtless but I definitely agree with you on the covers.

    Happy Friday :)
    Kaitlyn@Books and Bandanas

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's true!
    The guy is far from HOT
    Thanks for the follow. I'm following you via GFC.
    Ruty
    Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree with you about all of these covers, especially Thoughtless. That cover looks like it needed a bit more effort put into it.

    Old follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. new follower through GFC as lucyatmax/no pix. I agree with what you've selected...I chose the Stephanie Plum series...colorful, but not appealing. I can be found at: bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com and would appreciate a visit/follow.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle. Returning the follow through GFC. If you would like to see my 2nd FF which you missed, please visit me at:
    http://marilynphillips.blogspot.com.au/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect Chemistry was a good choice. Alex just wasn't doing it for me in that cover! New Follower :) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks. Thanks for stopping by! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer! Thanks for stopping by my FF. Following you back via GFC. ~Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! I agree with you. I thought I was the only one who hated the "Perfect Chemistry's cover". I love the book but the cover...um...not cool at all. :)

    P.S. Love the Song! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God I'm not the only one. :D
      Oh, the music. Swiftie. ;) <3

      Delete
  19. I should really check out the Perfect Chemistry books. They seem like good books. I don't like the cover for this one much either.

    New follower via GFC. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think everyone loved it so I guess you would too. ;)

      Delete

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!