Sunday, December 22, 2013

What's Cool? December!

An anytime meme created by yours truly, where I post everything I think is Cool. ;)


It's time for a round of Coolness again--yay! God, I've missed this. *hugs everyone*

It has been an amazing and Cool month and I can't wait to tell my stories. ;)

First of, books--of course!





For review:
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens - ARC
Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd (The Madman's Daughter #2) - ARC
Split Second by Kasie West (Pivot Point #2) - ARC
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Super thanks to Megan and HarperCollins International!



The same day my shirt from Pinoy Book Tours (with Kai of Amaterasu Reads and Precious of Fragments of Life as the organizers) arrived! I was scared before about it not fitting since Precious told us that there had a problem with the size, but I tried it and it fits perfectly! Plus, I love the print. Thanks Kai and Precious!





Here's me wearing the shirt (photo taken after the Pinoy book bloggers Christmas party) :P








Speaking of, last December 8th, Pinoy book bloggers had a Christmas party at Dome Cafe, Shangri La! I met my co-Pinoy bloggers again since last year's party and Tahereh's book signing event and I also met new ones.

Here are some of our group photos (not everyone had a chance to join this since some went home early):



Group photo
*wacky pose*
Thanks to Isabel for these group photos!
If I'm not mistaken (I'm not really good at names :3), that's Lyra, Hazel, Louisse, Kayla, Michelle, Nicole, Isabel, Celine, Kai, Precious, Dianne, Maricar, Kim, Algel, (huhu sorry, I forgot the name of the girl on my right wearing a black and white stripes), me, and Elyssa.

We had few games and on the first game, our team won! Our prize is..a book! Then there's also a huge pile of books 
(one of my favorite parts *coughs*) where most of us have donated and then we get to pick books from it! :P We also had Secret Santa (exchange gifts) and I gave Geraldine of Soul Sisters a copy of Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (from her wishlist), a garter bookmark and a set of earphones as the clue gift, while I received a copy of Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and also Eleanor and Park and a soundtrack made by my Secret Sexy Santa, Kayla of The Bookish Owl, as a clue gift. I haven't heard the playlist coz I'm planning to listen to it before I read Eleanor and Park! :D




Gifted:
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith 
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Traded:
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse (The Forsaken #1)
Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil 

From book haul:
Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot 
The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams (Incarnation #1)




Magical paper bags that contains swag and candies. ;)
The swag!


Traded:
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Thanks to my fellow Pinoy book bloggers who donated books, swag and candies! Special thanks to Kayla of The Bookish Owl, Precious of Fragments of Life, Dianne of Oops! I Read A Book Again, Chyna of Lite-Rate-Ture, Kai of Amaterasu Reads, and Michelle and Nicole of The Twins Read! Of course, thanks to Pinoy Book Tours team for organizing this event!


***

Ebooks!


For review:
My Name is Rapunzel by K.C Hilton (review here)
An Endless Summer by C.J Duggan (Summer #2)
That One Summer by C.J Duggan (Summer #3)
Defy by Sara B. Larson (Defy #1) - ARC
Solving For Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans - ARC

Thanks to Chyna and Lite-Rate-Ture book tours, K.C Hilton, Giselle and Xpresso book tours, C.J Duggan, Scholastic Press, Netgalley and Leigh Ann Kopans!



***


Last December 13th, me and my friend, Janine, went to Odyssey's fans party for Taylor Swift's birthday! The event was held on Odyssey's Gateway branch. They set up a corner for Keds where it had two tarps of Taylor and God, a display of SIGNED RED KEDS!!!
I thought this one's for raffle, but it's not. I'm not sure I'm happy or not
since my name's so not lucky being picked that time.

They also had a photobooth but unfortunately, we weren't able to snap at least one pic. The Taylor Swift Philippines admin organized games and raffle--which, another unfortunate of me, I never got picked. Huhu. There were also fans who performed some TS songs and of course what else do we do? We requested songs after songs and we're all like singing at the top of our lungs (or at least me).


Here are some of the photos at the event:

My and Janine's hands written with "13" and "Forever and Always", me with the magical signed Red Keds, the button pin that I got (for being early) apart from the balloon I took and written all over.


Janine (my friend) and me.


My favorite place at the event. :D 


Other fans from my back view.

The space was cramped but I felt like we're in the biggest space ever! I really enjoyed it and I bet everyone did too. It was really fun and I said, what more if Taylor was there? :) Oh! And we sang a Happy Birthday song for Taylor and the admin of TSPH recorded it and sent to her. :) It was really an unforgettable day!



***


I think that it! The Coolest of December. ;)
And Christmas is yet to come!
How's your holiday, so far? Would you like to share the Cool things you got/happened?
Don't forget to leave your thoughts below on the comments section!
Happy holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!