Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WWW Wednesdays (86) / Waiting on Wednesday (86): Everything, Everything



(Info)
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?





Currently Reading:

This goes out of the plan. My books haven't arrived yet (where did they go??) so I picked Pawn by Aimee Carter first. 

Finished Reading:

Read two romance contemps in just a matter of week! One of the Guys by Lisa Aldin was like between more-than-average to not-really-more-than-average. My complete review here. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, on the other hand, is definitely more than average. The beginning was slow but I loved the ending (and the feels!) and the overall was really good. Funny too! Review next week.

Read Next:
I have no idea. Yet. Hoping for my copy of Fairest by Marissa Meyer to arrive this week so I could dive into it 1) because I'm VERY excited, 2) because I'm reviewing it also for Feb Feels presents The Lunar Chronicles this week. (More details about Feb Feels below this post.)





Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on.


Everything, Everything
by Nicola Yoon

Expected publication: September 1st 2015 by Delacorte

Blurb (Goodeads):
This innovative, heartfelt debut novel tells the story of a girl who's literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she's ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I'm allergic to the world.I don't leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black--black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.


Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.





One of the debuts that caught my eye. This sounds really interesting. The protagonist's story was like Rapunzel's (lived her whole life inside the house). But let's be matured and know that this isn't a fairytale retelling. :3 It sounds really good, though!



***

Blog announcement!

See the banner above? Feb Feels is back! This year, I'm featuring The Lunar Chronicles.
Feb Feels is a Valentine-themed blog event. I featured different YA contemp romance books and authors last year but this year, it's more like, "what I love". Don't forget the feels on Cinder-Emperor Kai, Scarlet-Wolf, and Cress-Thorne!
I will be reviewing Scarlet, Cress, and hopefully Fairest, featuring an interview with the lovely Marissa Meyer, and will be having a giveaway for this event on February 12-15, so stay tuned!


***

Now tell me about your books this week!






4 comments:

  1. Great WoW pick, Michelle! It was also my WoW pick on December last year. I am so in love with the cover of EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING. Anyways, I'm looking forward to Feb Feels! It sounds really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting concept for sure. Kind of boy in the bubble type thing. I hope you enjoy it. I have never heard of this one! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything Everything is on my TBR list. It sounds good. I need to read Cinder! I should probably try to fit it into February if I can I guess.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything Everything does sound really good and the cover is absolutely gorgeous. I'll be picking up a copy of it when it's released. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!