Friday, October 26, 2012

Feature & Follow #11

I'm back in Feature and Follow!!! YES! I've been absent with this Friday meme for a couple of weeks due to my busy schedule in school and blogging. Okay, now you can scroll down to for the question of the week and my answer. :D



Q: What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.

A: There wasn't really things that irritates me when reading a book. I guess they only make me feel one step away from the book I'm reading, and it just...saddens me. Especially if I can see the book a lot of potential or is just really good.

One is when on the very beginning of book, the female protagonist expresses her obsession on this guy. Even if that's the guy she'll end up with or it is, indeed, a love story, it always made my face turn into like sour one--especially if since beginning up to the end--all throughout the book, she's obsessing this guy. Um, can't she have a life?

Next up is having third POV yet throughout the book, the scenes are focused only on one character. I think the connection between the reader and the main character loses with this. Third POV is fine if the scenes and the character focus changes every now and then. We'd understand that.

Another thing that bothers me is when I can predict a book. I hate it when I always do. I don't like it when I know what will happen next, or what'll be the ending, or who is who. Most especially when I'm still in the middle of the book. I want surprises, I want new, I love guessing. It's such a great feeling when after reading that book you feel contented because it didn't just reach your expectations--it goes beyond it.


How about you, what bothers or irritates you when reading a book? Share your thoughts below on the comments section if you're not a blogger. If you are, please leave me your links! And oh, since this is Feature and FOLLOW, I'd like to be followed via GFC. And if you're that generous enough or you liked my stuff, follow via email/RSS. THANK YOU! I follow back. Just tell me everything below. :)

T.G.I.F!

P.S
Don't forget to hop on the other blogs!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!