Click here for the complete blog tour schedule, hosted by YA Bound.
Editions available: Paperback, Kindle, ebook
Date published: May 1, 2011
Shayna and her two best friends have the abilities to manipulate and control the four elements, earth, air, water and fire. While learning to hone their growing powers, they discover a new and malicious presence in their sleepy beach town. Someone is performing blood magic and threatens to expose their small magical community. So far only small animals have been slaughtered, but then the nightmares start.
Shayna suffers nightmares of being chased and sacrificed only to wake up bloodied and bruised. She thinks her magical blood is the ultimate target for the final blood rite. When an innocent girl, Tracy, is kidnapped Shayna knows it's only a ploy to draw her out; she can't let someone die because of her.
BUY EARTH NOW!
Editions available: Paperback, Kindle, ebook
Date published: October 31, 2011
It was a rough start to the school year for Shayna and her friends, Jodi and Steven, but thankfully summer break is near. Trying to sort out her feelings for the new guy in town, Shayna agrees to let Jensen join her on a group date with her friends. While out they end up at a local coffee house where their classmate, social outcast Jeremy McCormick, is humiliated by his baseball star brother. When Jeremy runs away from the jeering crowd, Shayna and Jodi hear the unmistakable sound of a thousand wings chasing after him, but no one else seems to hear them. These are not like any air elementals that Shayna or Jodi have ever encountered before and they fear Jeremy has gotten himself tangled up in something too dangerous for him to handle. But when Shayna tries to help Jeremy control his magical abilities she realizes it might be the biggest mistake of her life.
BUY AIR NOW!
Date published: June 19, 2012
Editions available: Paperback, ebook
Shayna's first surfing session of the summer is interrupted by the screams of a mother who has lost her little boy in the water. Without regard to her own safety, Shayna swims out, rescues the boy, but must escape the clutches of something far worse than she could have ever imagined – mermaids.
Compelled to answer the sirens' call, the boys of Shayna's town are drawn to the sea, but when they return are afflicted by an unknown illness, a sickness which is draining them of their life force. Unable to tell anyone about the mermaids, Shayna and her friends are forced to solve the mystery before it's too late, and in doing so, Shayna will finally have to face the full force of her powers. Whether she’s ready or not, she will have to face her true nature.
BUY WATER NOW!
Fire (Elemental #4) - coming soon!
Ten Facts about the Elemental Series
1. The entire series is set in and around Ventura, California. Ventura is a real town, where I now live that is about an hour north of Los Angeles.
2. The ehaoehaoThe high school the characters go to is entirely fictional. It is in fact kind of a mash up of all the high schools in the county, including the one I went to in a neighboring city.
3. Most of the teachers mentioned in the books are based on my own high school teachers.
4. Steven’s middle name is Ignacio which is derived from the phrase “to burn” in Spanish.
5. While Shayna can make up and write spells, neither Jodi nor Steven possess that ability.
6. Shayna gets her empathetic abilities from her maternal grandmother but she gets
her elemental powers from her maternal grandfather who was a “water witch” in
7. Steven gets his elemental power from his maternal great-grandfather though no one
else in the family knew he had any special abilities because he kept them secret for
fear of being accused of witchcraft in his small village in Mexico.
8. Jodi gets her elemental powers from her paternal grandmother, for whom she is
named, however she died before Jodi was born and therefore could not teach her
how to use her powers.
9. Shayna’s mother has the gift of Taro Card reading; however her gift was so strong
that she once saw the death of someone she knew. It frightened her so much she
packed her cards away and refused to ever read them again.
10. Shayna can cause earthquakes when she has a huge emotional upheaval, which is
why her first earthquake occurred when she was born. Jodi’s emotions will lash
out in gusts of winds and bolts of lighting, she can even harness lightning in storms
if she concentrates. Steven’s emotions culminate in wild fire, living where they do;
he has to be especially of this because due to the ever constant Southern California
droughts, making the landscape pure kindling during the summer and autumn.
About the Author:
I don't do well talking about myself. So as basics go, I have recently self-published the first two books in my Elemental Series, Earth and Air, Young Adult Urban Fantasy novels. Look for the third installment, Water, coming in 2012!
I have been working on the Elemental Series for the last four years and plan for it to be a 5 book series. It was a hard decision to self-publish but it's been an exciting and terrifying ride.
You can find me on Facebook:
And to my readers (or fans of my covers), I have beautiful bookmarks that I would love to share with you. If you'd like one, drop me a note with your contact info and I'd be happy to send you one!
- signed copy of each paperback (Earth, Air, Water) and a matching bookmark for each, mini Jack-o-lantern and an awesome, sparkly candle (electric) and some fun Halloween treats that include candy, stickers and copy of one Shauna's favorite Halloween movies, Monster House. (US only)
- 3 other winners will also receive a ebook from the series, winner’s choice from Earth, Air or Water. (Open Internationally)