Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Book Review: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Nick & Noraj's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan, hardcover edition book cover


Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
by Rachel Cohn and David Levitham

Genre: YA
Editions available: Hardcover, paperback, ebook, Kindle,
library binding, international
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Source: own
Rating: ^^^^^


Summary (Goodreads):


It all starts when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes. He only needs five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who’s just walked in to his band’s show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City—and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date.


This he said/she said romance told by YA stars Rachel Cohn and David Levithan is a sexy, funny roller coaster of a story about one date over one very long night, with two teenagers, both recovering from broken hearts, who are just trying to figure out who they want to be—and where the next great band is playing.


Told in alternating chapters, teeming with music references, humor, angst, and endearing side characters, this is a love story you’ll wish were your very own. Working together for the first time, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have combined forces to create a book that is sure to grab readers of all ages and never let them go.
Photobucket

My Thoughts:

How many times did I read the F-word? I don't even know. And if I counted from the very beginning, I might lose count. It's that many. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Well, the book presents the readers with humor, conflicts and romance. And I think if they didn't use the word, maybe it won't come as realistic or as its target humor and irony. If you know what I mean.

This is a one-day situation book, and I feel exhausted for them. So many conflict, so many holding back. But maybe those are the reasons why I loved it, along it's humor and romantic, happy ending (or should I say, beginning?).

This book was published years ago and already has adopted into motion picture. Am I late for review? I don't think so.

I haven't seen the movie yet (I'm not even aware that there's a movie til I saw movie stills and poster on Google), but I'm planning to. I've seen the trailer on Youtube and I realized that on the movie, it's Norah who asked Nick to be her boyfriend for five minutes. There were also scenes that were not on the book. Of course. What do I expect in movie adaptations? They change some scenes. But I'm still curious to watch it, anyway, and see which is better (for now, my bet is on the book).

Book cover comment/s:

The cover is just right for the story. Scroll down for two more covers.

Recommendation:

People who likes romantic comedy. Who likes urban taste novels. One-day situational story. Music. Those who are curious about the book upon seeing the movie.


Here are the different book editions cover ...

For paperback, ebook, Kindle editions. There's also an exact design, but in maroon--for hardcover edition.










And this is the book cover movie inspired.












-       Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!