Sunday, May 27, 2012

Book Review: My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison, hardbound edition book  cover

My Fair Godmother

by Janette Rallison


Series: My Fair Godmother #1
Genre: YA
Editions available: Hardcover, paperback, Kindle, audiobook
Publisher: Walker & Company
Source: borrowed
Rating: 




Summary (Goodreads):

After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s onlyFair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight. Laughs abound in this clever fairy tale twist from a master of romantic comedy.

Photobucket



My Thoughts:

I've always loved fairytales--even the retold ones. I never get tired of reading them. And here's another one!
My Fair Godmother is a mash-up Cinderella, Snow White, and a tale of a girl--Savannah--who's been dumped by her boyfriend for her sister, and a fairy godmother trying to be a fairy godmother by doing this extra-credit project to raise her semester grade from Fairy Godmother Affairs--Chrysanthemum Everstar (such a cute name, by the way).
It is witty, funny, magical, and fun to read.
I should've hated Jane (the sister) for 'stealing' Savannah's boyfriend, Hunter. But no, I even had sympathy for her--them; you'll see when you read the book.
I hated the fairy, Chrissy, because of her dumb understandings upon Savannah's wishes, but I also liked her at the same time.
I also love the thrilling parts of the story. I kept guessing who the Black Knight was!
It's fun to read from the beginning til the end; I never got bored!


I'm so glad there's second book!


Book cover comment/s:


It's a cute cover, connects to the vibe of the book. I just hope the fairy be less serious. She could beam, grin, or be energetic on the cover--that best describes Miss Everstar.


Recommendation:

For people who loves fairytales (even the retold ones) like me. Who looks for books which is funny, light, and magical.

Click here for my review of My Fair Godmother #2: My Unfair Godmother


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!