Sunday, May 27, 2012

Book Review: My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison



My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison, hardbound edition book cover

My Unfair Godmother

by Janette Rallison




Series: My Fair Godmother #2
Genre: YA
Editions available: Hardcover, paperback, Kindle
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Source: borrowed
Rating: 




Summary (Goodreads):

Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only afair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother.

Photobucket


My Thoughts:


With the same mash-up-fairytale-plus-modern-story style, Jannette Rallison did not failed me to love her second book of My Fair Godmother series!
While the first book contains Cinderella, Snow White, the mysterious Black Knight, and Savannah and Tristan, here you'll meet Tansy Miller and her adventures with Robin Hood and the Merry Men, Rumpelstiltskin, and her unexpected visitor.

Like My Fair Godmother, this book is magical, funny, witty, romantic, thrilling and will leave you guessing. A movie-like adventure. I cannot say which book I liked better (first or second). Both are fun, full of adventures, had cute guys, and very nice magic. It was well written and I really enjoyed them.

And how's our fair godmother? She's still busy. No improvements, I guess. Maybe that's why Mr. Sagewick Goldengill asks to give Miss Everstar another assignment, though he says that he's seen potential. So... are we expecting a third book? ;)



Book cover comment/s:


Same thing with I commented on My Fair Godmother


Recommendation:

For people who loves fairytales (even the retold ones) like me. Who looks for books which is funny, light, and magical. And those who love the first book, My Fair Godmother!

Click here for my review of My Fair Godmother #1: My Fair Godmother


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!