Thursday, November 27, 2014

Book Review: My Second Life by Faye Bird


My Second Life
by Faye Bird

Genre: YA, contemporary
Published July 1st 2014 by Usborne Publishing
Source: Publisher
Purchase: Amazon * Book Depository
Local purchase/order: Fullybooked * National Bookstore

Blurb (Goodreads):
The first time I was born, I was Emma. 
I was beautiful. I had everything to live for. 
But I died.

Now I have been born a second time, and my previous life haunts me. Because in it I think I did something very wrong. I must find out what I did to Catherine. I must uncover the truth about Emma...

Intriguing, compelling, heartbreaking. 
What if your past life could shatter your future?





My Thoughts:

My Second Life has an interesting concept. I was excited to read this book, to unravel the mysteries, to know why the main character, Emma, had a second life and to be Ana, and what happened on her previous life. This is one of the books this year I'm excited to know the answers.

True to her word, Faye Bird made this book as an overall mysterious. I had been guessing the whole time and when certain events were clearly spelled out, my heart broke. I find this book sad, happy, and just emotional. It was also slow-paced and a little like running in circles. Although the tone of the book matches the overall outcome, I find the revelation lacking of something explosive. It was emotional, yes, but the impact of the truth and the overall story requires more, something to be worthwhile and be remembered.

I would recommend this book to contemporary readers who likes new concept, and realistic and drama readers.



*Thanks to Usborne Publishing for the copy of this book in exchange of an honest review!

Rating:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave with your thoughts unshared!